I am an experienced information technology professional with almost 20 years of experience. I create high-end, world-class web sites.
I've helped start-up companies grow by as much as 500%, expertly guided boutique companies to success and contributed to development initiatives at Fortune Global 500 companies. My goal is to work with a team of exceptionally creative people in an environment that encourages individual growth. My core competencies include mentoring colleagues, creative solutions to tough problems and self-management.
• User Experience Design • User Interface Design • Front End Web Design • Responsive Design • Mobile Design • 3D Modeling & Animation • Sound Design • Branding
• Notepad ++ • Visual Studio • Dreamweaver
• Photoshop • Illustrator • After Effects • Flash • 3D Studio Max
• Project Management • Business Management • Finance & Accounting
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEOracle Corp. – Senior User Experience and User Interface Engineer – (5/13 - Present)
Worked with the Primavera GBU User Experience team in an agile environment providing creative deliverables, essential product development direction and customer-centered user advocacy. Most work involved the Prime application – a robust, sophisticated, cloud-based capital portfolio management tool.
- Used Axure to create functional, interactive, high fidelity prototypes for cutting edge, next generation web and mobile applications and products.
- Managed multiple projects, hundreds of assets and dozens of business relationships at any given time.
- Used Adobe Suite to create accessible icons, UI elements, application templates & mockups.
- Accessibility lead and point person for business unit accessibility compliance initiatives, development and design.
- Designed and coded interactive, web-based business unit accessibility guides for implementing WAI-ARIA, WCAG and 508. accessibility standards. Lead solutions for customer facing UX, design and accessibility issues.
- Successfully led UX, UI, Architecture and Interaction Design initiatives for multiple high profile, mission critical product features.
- Advised directors and mentored peers on UX, interaction and accessibility design standards and best practices.
- Performed user testing and focus groups.
- Worked with UI developers to resolve complex UX and design issues.
- Helped integrate new elements into updated application designs and balance visual aesthetics with accessibility compliance.
Sungard Availability Services – Senior User Interface Engineer – (07/12 – 3/13)
Worked with Director of User Experience and Sr. Director of Product Management to develop latest version of flagship, web based business continuity and disaster recovery application.
- Worked on User Experience team with Director of User Experience and Interaction Designer to provide detailed prototypes, user journeys, user stories and interaction models.
- Ensured code fidelity with graphic designer mock ups and style guide.
- Worked with developers to solve complex implementation and integration problems.
- Worked in a fully agile environment, helped build user stories, participated in planning poker sessions and tracked progress in JIRA
- Mentored colleagues in user interface development and design.
PC Scale, Inc. – UI/UX Design, Graphic Design and Front-end Development Consultant – (11/11 – 5/12)
Worked with company president and vice presidents of information technology, marketing and product design to completely refresh, update and modernize the company’s flagship desktop application UI, corporate web site, branding (including new logos, color palette and design treatments) and delivered product demonstration and testimonial videos with cutting edge visual effects.
- Designed and developed front-end user interface for .Net-based desktop and web based applications for the recycling and waste management industry using jQuery, HTML and CSS along with Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Redesigned corporate web site to dramatically enhance and update design and user experience using Wordpress, PHP, jQuery, HTML and CSS.
- Created and led successful collaborative effort to refresh and updating company brand, logo, typography, color palette and image.
- Trained and mentored developers on front-end and UI development.
- Consulted and advocated for both desktop and web-based UX improvements
- Procured and managed freelance support talent
Spark Creative Group, LLC – Chief Technology Consultant – (1/11 – 8/11)
Led technology start up initiative and business development for boutique design agency. Successfully created multiple web sites and applications while managing day-to-day business responsibilities, leading colleagues and training interns.
- Worked in agile PHP environment primarily using Drupal and Wordpress frameworks for development
- Consulted on best-practices for front-end development and user centered design
- Coded in jQuery
- Procured and managed resources
- Developed sites using hand coding, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and other site architecture tools
- Interviewed and hired consultants and freelancers for projects
- Initiated, developed and managed RFP and bid proposals
- Advised partners on development and design best practices
MediMedia USA – Senior Front End Consultant – (11/09 – 3/10)
During site redesign, I was the Sr. Front End Developer responsible for designing and coding front ends for the company’s veterinary publication portal – http://www.vetlearn.com. Additionally, I acted as a consultant, mentor, trainer, tester, and analyst.
- Worked in agile .Net environment using the DotNetNuke CMS platform
- Developed full UX and UI layouts, mockups, and wireframe functionality; skinning
- Acted as advisory on development of requirements gathering, functional design specs and market segmentation
- Produced code using table-less designs.
- Mentored and trained publication editors on CMS usage
- Exceeded deadline expectations while working in extremely fast-paced environment
AmeriFlex – Web Design and Development Consultant – (2/09 – 08/09)
As a web designer/developer, I was responsible for developing User Interfaces and Customer Experiences for the company internet and intranet portals. Quick expansion led to a constant array of new problems. I was responsible for coming up with creative solutions. Utilizing the latest technologies, I provided top-notch designs for the marketing and IT departments.
- Produced training videos for staff using After Effect and Camtasia
- Used Drupal to develop content managed sites
- Worked with contractors to provide Flash/Actionscript functionality to client-facing web portal
Symbiosys – Web Design and Development Consultant – (08/07-11/08)
Symbiosys needed a dynamic, top-notch creative talent for their client, DuPont. Web development, content management, and graphic design were a regular part of this position. Responsibilities included managing multiple jobs, Flash design, graphic design, and content management.
- Consulted on projects and provided feedback on areas needing improvement
- Used 3D Studio Max and Adobe After Effects to produce architecture firm’s Flash web experience
- On-going, weekly training in Project Management
University of Pennsylvania – Web Development and Content Production Consultant – (4/08-11/08)
Acted as a liaison between the IT and the public relations groups as well as designing/coding pages. I consulted with both groups, provided the design and coding solutions the IT group needed, and the mentoring and training the public relations groups needed.
FrancescaCostanzo.com – Web Design and Development Consultant – (4/08-11/08)
Francesca needed a creative and technically minded individual to produce her photography web site. She needed a site that was simple to use, delivered her portfolio effectively, and spoke to her audience. I integrated a slideshow module and trained her how to use, update and produce content for her DotNetNuke CMS
D&D Interactive, Inc. – Web Development Consultant – (5/07-10/07)
- Used knowledge of §508 Accessibility requirements to create forms and pages for hard of seeing users.
- Used functional design specifications, site architecture tree, and copy deck to hard code wire framed pages.
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Inc. – Technical Support Consultant – (5/05-1/06)
- Networked various in house corporate communications systems including 120 laptops for use in the field
- Created PowerPoint presentations for company VPs
MBNA America, Inc. – Web Design and Development Consultant – (2/05-3/05)
- Managed multiple projects and developed the front-end Flash and CSS pages for MBNA’s affinity companies and clients.
- Developed and designed email A/B marketing campaign HTML and CSS pages.
- Coded HTML email campaign pages with tracking devices for WebTrends metrics analysis
- Ensured usability of forms and formatting for credit card advertisement landing pages
- Created sophisticated Flash animations for ten different affinity companies
Blue Wave Solutions – Web Design and Development Consultant – (1/05-2/05)
- Rapidly developed a front-end to back-end solution for an entire company’s web presence.
- Designed print collateral
JPMorganChase, Inc. – Web Developer – (10/04-1/05)
- Managed multiple projects and helped develop the front and back-end for merging of two international finance companies’ web sites.
- Created systemic use case documentation
- Developed complete functional design specifications for entire series of brokerage process pages and sections
- Coordinated with data analysts, brokerage managers and VPs, and legal departments to establish streamlined and viable brokerage client user experience
- Assisted database developers in database design
- Managed project efforts to ensure deadlines were consistently met on time
- Acted as liaison between multiple departments including Data Analysis, Development, Design, and Brokerage.
QVC, Inc. – Web Design and Development Consultant – (9/01 - 12/01)
- Ensured timely delivery of product pages in a time sensitive, live production environment
Law.com, Inc., American Lawyer Media, LLC. – Web Design and Developer – (5/98 – 12/99)
- Developed new content delivery channels and a custom, database driven CMS
Red Sector A, Inc. / Coretech, Inc.– Web Designer and Developer – (1/96 – 5/98)
- One of four people in initial stages of company start-up who helped grow the company 550 percent and eventually
- Presented new and emerging technologies to Fortune 500 clients. Provided sales support. Attended conventions like Internet World and gave presentations on exciting new company services and technologies.
Aquent, Inc.– Graphic Design and Web Development Consultant – (1/95 – 1/96)
David Kaplan Design, LLC – Principal / Freelance – (6/96 – Present)
As a sole proprietor, I have been working on various sites and projects throughout the years. On a broad scale, my work has included, but is not limited to:
- Graphic design, front end coding, back end coding, system administration (onsite, remote and cloud-based) and content management system development and integration.
- Project management, budgeting, contract negotiation, RPFs and bidding, staff procurement, management and mentoring.
- Corporate branding, marketing and image make-overs.
- Both desktop and web-based application user interface (UI) design, user experience (UX) design and design heuristics.
- Visual effects, motion graphics, video and sound editing, 2D animation and 3D modeling and animation using 3D Studio Max.
- Rebuilding inefficient legacy code saving clients significant costs in troubleshooting and debugging.
- Site architecture planning and design using various creative and technical tools including most Adobe and Microsoft products.
- Marketing campaign and SEO development, programming, design and deployment
- Business metric analytics and marketing campaign reporting
Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Program of Study: Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media
Delaware County Community College, Media, Pennsylvania
Coursework in Business Administration
Camden County College, Blackwood, New Jersey
Program of Study: Associate of Arts in Computer Graphics
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts (Currently Enrolled)
Relevant Coursework Completed: Essentials of Management